Problem reinstalling Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all. I've been having some problems with my computer recently so I decided to reinstall Windows. I have a Dell Inspiron 530 with Windows XP Home. I'm pretty dumb when it comes to computers, so I'll try and explain the best I can.

After everything reinstalled, the only shortcut on the desktop was the Recycle Bin. After trying to connect to the internet with no success, I did some searching online with my wife's laptop. It seems that my ethernet, along with various other drivers are showing a large question mark along with an exclaimation point. I tried using both a flash drive and a CD burned from Dell's website to download the drivers but I can't figure out how to install them.

I know this is pretty vague, but like I said I'm not too whippy with computers. Thanks for any help.

Dan

Are they zipped? If not, you can usually double click on the driver file to begin the installation.

Not really sure. I just followed the instructions that popped up to burn them onto the CD. When the disk started up on my desktop, it gave me a list of programs to open the files (Word, Paint, etc).

kweeny, Dan208 says he used his wife's laptop to search the internet.

Dan208, what are the names of the files burned onto the CD?

You can get all the drivers you need from this link at dell's site, for your system; you will have to use your other computer to atleast download LAN drivers so you can connect with internet from the same machine and get the remaining drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back