problem to boot-autocheck program not found - skipping AUTOCHECK

Status
Not open for further replies.

forumq

My PC is unable to boot properly and after the XP loading bar finishes I get the message "autocheck program not found - skipping AUTOCHECK" and then 2-3 sec later I get a BSOD with the following message

"STOP c0000021a {critical system error}
System process Session Manager Initialization unexpectedly quit
Status 0xc000003a (0x00000000 0x00000000).
System shutdown" //not 100% the same because I had to translate it ;)

I inserted the XP recoverydisc and chose "repair", I chose the right windows partition and then entered the right administrator password. After that I typed in the commando "CHKDK /p" and it analyzed the system files. Result being that at least 1 file had problem and that was it, I then quit and restarted with the same problem!!

Does someone know what I need to execute on the xp repair console to get this damn problem fixed?

If I hit F8 during boot I just get to choose between, from what I want to boot from ie. 1. Disc 2. CD

Pls If someone could help me

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Take a look at this thread HERE, it may help.

Also, HERE`s a link to the Microsoft article on how to use the recovery console.

You should have used the command chkdsk /f this will attempt to fix file system errors.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

The command "chkdsk /f" is invalid the computer says and suggests help, only chkdsk /p works and that also didnt solve the prob. after doing it a 2nd time...

When I tap F8 I get the Boot Menu
-Hard disk
-CDROM
If I choose Hard disk, the prob. doesnt change.

I dont get to choose the last known good config option

Thx for your advice until now howard and my next question would be, about what percentage is it likely, that after the repair sequence link you posted
all the files are retained? Or if you want the other way around? The thing is just that all this happened due to a malicious exe and therefore could have done "more than expected" if you know what I mean ;) I don't expect you to reply to this last thing. Anyway I'll give it a shot I guess

Normally, doing a Windows repair will leave all your data intact.

If we can get your system up and running, we can then check it for any malware that may be present.

Regards Howard :)

Windows is back up now but my i-connection is gone and I dunno how to get it to work again. I've got a wireless router which I am connected to by LAN cable...and another pc (laptop) connected by WLAN. If I look up run- cmd-ipconfig/all, my ip seems to have changed at the end.The laptop-router connection still works perfectly but not the usual pc-router (lan) What can I do?

I`m glad you`ve got your system working again.

As for your connection problems, I suggest you open a new thread in our Storage and Networking forum.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back