Problem when activating SLI

Status
Not open for further replies.
when i turn my computer on without SLI it just starts out fine. however once it is on, after the windows opening/loading screen my screen just goes black and losses signal from the PC.

And another problem is that my pc's lan card doesn't appear in the device manager. it is weird it was there before. all that appears on the network is 1394 besides that there is nothing else.

please post your comments if you know what's going on with my PC. thanks

SLI has a couple of caveats:
1. You can not run dual monitors with SLI activated. If you're running dual monitors then you ned to turn one off.
2. You must have the monitor plugged into the video card installed in slot 1, only, when SLI is enabled. This is also the single card slot and is the one closest to the CPU.
3. If you have different BIOS in the cards then you must run the latest Nvidia Drivers.

Hope this helps

What do you mean by dual monitors. just in case, can you please tell me the settings and procedure to deactivate it. thanks

two monitors plugged into one card. I don't use hem but the setting would be in your nvidia utility. If you don't know what I am talking about then you don't have dual monitors.

thanks man. that helps. Man i really hope this is not a hardware problem. i've had those parts for only 5 months. **** i hope they'll be covered by the warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back