Problem When Trying to Rip My DVDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorakachan

Okay, so, I'm trying to rip some episodes from some DVDs of mine, and I downloaded a DVDRipper, and discovered that it was copy-protected (well, drat). So, I then used DVD Decrypter, which rip the episodes just fine. The bad thing is, they can only be viewed in PowerDVD, and they're huge files. The files say they are MPEG format, and I want to convert them to AVI. I downloaded an MPEG to AVI converter, but when I went to put the input files in, they didn't even see the MPEGs in the folder they were in. Somehow, I need to re-encode the files to something besides MPEG (Best would probably be MPEG-4) to be able to convert them to AVI, but I have no idea how to do this.
Help?

please refrain from pirating copy protected materail
however you can do copy to copy or dvd to dvd copy as a backup in most states
this can takes hours to do
good luck

Samstoned said:
please refrain from pirating copy protected materail
however you can do copy to copy or dvd to dvd copy as a backup in most states
this can takes hours to do
good luck
Yeah, I'm not pirating anything, I just want back-ups of the movies on my computer since my parents plan to keep the series while I go to college and beyond..and that means no watching for Sorakachan...like..ever. Though I want to also be able to make music vids of the show, so I need some format that can work with Windows Movie Maker, and this format doesn't. Not to mention the format it's currently in is..like..over 1GB a file, which is taking up WAY too much space.

there's loads of software that does this
some only do vob format and then you have to convert to avi
some will direct convert to avi
you will need to check what softs work for you
conversion can take like 2 to 4 hrs
lookup freerip I don't know how to use

dvd rip tut

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back