Problem with Adobe Photoshop under XP Pro x64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello world,

I have a big problem with Photoshop CS2 under Win XP x64 Pro OS. Photoshop is most used program by me because I work a lot of time with graphic in big resolution.

Before I will describe my problem I say that its problem is only win Photoshop on my computer, all other programs such us Adobe Premiere and another work perfect on x64 OS.

So, when I work with a graphic with large resolution such us 300DPI after 5 or 7 minutes working with Photoshop my computer automatically restarts and I loose all my work.

I have tried to tweak memory and sketch disks usage for photoshop, but it still restarts my PC without any warning.

My computer is based on Core 2 Duo processor with 4GB RAM. I can not see any solution how to fix that problem. Every time when I open or create new project with 300DPI resolution after few minutes computer restarts and my project goes to be damaged.

Adobe support team says that Adobe Photoshop CS2 works perfect on x64 systems and they are not planing to build 64bit version of Photoshop in a future.

What is wrong?

Please help!

My PC: MB: Asus P5B Premium Vista Edition 775/1066, i965, CPU: Intel Core2 Duo E6320, 1.86GHz, 1066FSB, 4MB, LGA775, BOX, Graphic: Asus Extreme EN7600GS SILENT/HTD/256MB DDR2, HDTV, DVI-I, Sound: Creative Audigy SE 7.1 RAM: A-Data Extreme Edition DDR2/800Mhz - 4x - 1024MB, Hard disks: HDD Western Digital Raptor WD740ADFD - 74GB SATA NCQ, 2x HDD Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS - 320GB SATA-3G, Case: Case Apevia X-DREAMER2-AL / 420W SILVER, OS: Windows XP 64bit SP2 Professional plus all currently updates available.

A already read that article so how should I config the Photoshop parameters? I have Windows SWAP on one harddisk, Photoshop's on another harddisk and maximum memory usage is set to 55, but I tried to set 60, 70 and 40 but it still restarts my computer every time I work with large grafik files. Please help :eek:(

First, I would recommend you test your memory modules - memtest 86 for 10 passes minimum, just to ensure the problem isn't memory related.

That article notes that with your 64 bit setup the program will use 3 Gb of the available 4 and I would suspect that is the 100% setting. Set your scratch and virtual files to 4 times that each minimum and maximum (I have no idea how to set the scratch file size - never worked with this stuff).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back