Problem with an unwanted tray icon

Status
Not open for further replies.
if anyone could help me id be very grateful....
There is an icon in my system tray that i dont know what it looks like because there is a red circle and a white x covering it up. The icon says an error has occured and to click the icon but when i do, a message says that the request to connect and log on to a server could not be completed because the supplied username is inncorrect. I've tried hiding it but it always pops up when i reboot. Someone please help me get rid of this. Thank You

download process explorer and take a look at what processes are running, and see if you can find the one your after. google the process info and see what it comes up with

scan for the four nasties (ad/spy/malware and virii) with updated scaners and online ones for good measure (trendmicro housecall, panda, edwido etc..).. a few good free ones are AVG, Spybot, and Adaware.. if it picks up anything, fix them and then go to safe mode (F8) and rescan

post back..

concur
also look at what programs load at boot up (via Run: msconfig, last tab I think) and kill (delete) anything you don't recognise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back