Problem with ASUS P5PL2 and Pentium D 925

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I have Pentium D 925 CPU and MB ASUS P5PL2. Every time when i download or copy archive file and tryng to extract - is corrupt. I try my old CPU Pentium D 820 with my system: (MB: Asus P5PL2, HDD: Seagate 120 Gb SATA; SVGA: X1600; 512 DDR2) and all work fine. I try to install a new Windows XP but error is still there. A have last bios. Some ideas?

What archive file are you talking about? What is it for? What format is it? Do you have antivirus and anti-spyware of any sort installed? How are you connected to the net? These questions need to be answered so we can pinpoint the exact problem you are having.

any archiv *.rar, *.zip ...., and any image file like *.iso, *.bin give errors and cannot install any game or program! And all this work fine with my old Pentium D 820. a have nati-virus and connect to internet via lan.

You mean when you switch out the CPU, all of the files that were previously reported as corrupt with the new CPU, work fine with the old CPU? Then I think you might get a replacement CPU.

I get a same replacement CPU but the problem is still there. with another type of cpu (Celeron-D 2.66 or Pentium D 820) works fine.

Hmm, then you might need to upgrade the BIOS to a new version? I really don't know about this so wait for a member with more experience to see this and help you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back