Problem With Audio And Video Controllers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted this in another thread but it was sssooooo far back i decided to put it here also.

I just received this computer from an old job. The audio and video controllers are not working. I cant hear any sounds and i cant play more than a couple seconds of video with out it stoping. I will provide a list of the mother board im using. In Device Manager under Other Devices it lists a Raid Controler, Multimedia Audio Controller and Video Controller (VGA Compatible). Next to those are a yellow exclamation point. Today i uninstalled these controllers to see if i could reinstall them to fix the problem. It did not. I cannot reinstall them because i do not have the software needed. Someone help :D.

Board: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD MS-7071 1.00
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG 09/26/2005

Operating System Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (build 2600)

System Model MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD MS-7071 1.00
Enclosure Type: Desktop Processor 3.00 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4
16 kiloby

te primary memory cache
2048 kilobyte secondary memory cac

I can't help you much..but,A as you must know (or maybe not)...those yellow exclamations signify those devices that are having some kind of problem. If you (r) click on each item description you will see a little window, click on 'properties' and read if the device is 'working properly'. It may say "not working" or 'disabled' or something. Enough for you to see that these items are in question and need minor work or replacement. Your audio controller probably need 'drivers'. See if there is a sound card installed. Anyway, no sound, right? With your video controller on the blink, it won't work either. Raid controller has to do with the hardisk configuration. Maybe no program anymore...or...? who knows? This will be a good project machine and if you get it working you ought to write a book about the journey! (just kidding). Seriously, look all these things up on your windows help and support program. Also ask a lot of internet questions. If you want or need to learn some stuff, here's your chance. Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back