Problem with cd/dvd burner

Status
Not open for further replies.
i recently got a new laptop with a NEC DVD+RW ND-6100A installed from the factory. The other night i went to make my first dvd but found that nero could not locate a disc to begin the process. Then i checked in 'my computer' and found that windows xp did not recognize any media in the drive. Then today i tried with a different brand of media and found that i was having the same problem. After this i put a blank cd-rw in the drive and both windows and nero recognized it. I have use the drive in the past to create cd's and have never had a problem with this before. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

That is a DVD+RW drive. Are you sure you are not trying to use DVD-RW media in there?

d'oh

is there a difference between dvd+r and dvd-r? i guess i was totally overlooking this point when i was in the store. is that why windows would not see the disc, or could that be another problem. i'd hate to go back to the store and get different media only to learn that i still have a windows problem.

Yes. There are three different DVD-writable formats: DVD+RW, DVD-RW and DVD-RAM.

You writer will only write those that it is built to support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back