TechSpot

Problem with connection on Dell Inspiron 1100...

By Coolmatt
Apr 14, 2006
  1. Yeah, I have a problem with this laptop and whenever I try to connect it to the internet, I get a "Network Cable unplugged" for 2 seconds than a connection for 2 seconds and then it repeats this same thing over and over and over. It is driving me MAD and I can't get on the internet with the laptop.

First of all I asked my computer tech friend and he doesn't know what to do. I asked his computer tech teacher and he doesn't know. I tried calling Dell and they gave me bull**** about, "You need to replace the mobo and it's going to cost 100s of dollars."

So, if anyone can help me I would appreciate it.

Also I did install the correct drivers so that eliminates that question.

2. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,714   +397

Might want to look into any possible firmware updates for that card, probably not real likely to find any.

Another solution would be to buy a PCMCIA network card.

3. jwill

jwill TS Rookie

You might have already tried this but here goes, try uninstaling the network card and restarting laptop re-install drivers. you could also check the cable could, be faulty.

4. Coolmatt

Coolmatt TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 66

Tried it...lol. I guess I might have to go with a Network PCMCIA Card...oh well, not that it really makes a difference.

5. DreamMate

DreamMate TS Rookie

small hint

did you check the WMI service ? is it started ? or desabled?

sometimes , it could be desabled after spyware attack , and even you remove the spyware, you got to start it manually.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.