Problem with connection on Dell Inspiron 1100...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolmatt

Yeah, I have a problem with this laptop and whenever I try to connect it to the internet, I get a "Network Cable unplugged" for 2 seconds than a connection for 2 seconds and then it repeats this same thing over and over and over. It is driving me MAD and I can't get on the internet with the laptop.

First of all I asked my computer tech friend and he doesn't know what to do. I asked his computer tech teacher and he doesn't know. I tried calling Dell and they gave me bull**** about, "You need to replace the mobo and it's going to cost 100s of dollars."

So, if anyone can help me I would appreciate it.

Also I did install the correct drivers so that eliminates that question.

Might want to look into any possible firmware updates for that card, probably not real likely to find any.

Another solution would be to buy a PCMCIA network card.

You might have already tried this but here goes, try uninstaling the network card and restarting laptop re-install drivers. you could also check the cable could, be faulty.

jwill said:
You might have already tried this but here goes, try uninstaling the network card and restarting laptop re-install drivers. you could also check the cable could, be faulty.
Tried it...lol. I guess I might have to go with a Network PCMCIA Card...oh well, not that it really makes a difference.

small hint

did you check the WMI service ? is it started ? or desabled?

sometimes , it could be desabled after spyware attack , and even you remove the spyware, you got to start it manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back