Problem with Counter Strike Source

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Gunn

Hello can anyone help?

Everytime I go to play it starts to load normally, then refreshes to my normal computer desktop and this pops up: Platform Error: Module Failed to Intialize.

Can anyone explain and tell me how I can Fix this.

I'm seriously considering just re-installing it.

Any other solutions?

Try turning off using Steam Community in game. It should be under preferences.

Also, is it a mod, or just CS:S?

I could be wrong but platform error sounds like it is referring to the Steam platform. You could try uninstalling Steam and reinstalling it and, of course, let it update.

Did this happen suddenly after working fine for awhile? Did you do anything or install anything around the time the problem appeared?

You could try locating the client.blob file and deleting it and loading steam back up. IDK if this will fix it, but it may.

At some point it will be just easier to try reinstalling it. It will take awhile due to the updates from Steam but simpler.

Steve Gunn said:
Nope, Store Bought.

OK, i've heard of that problem happening with cracked versions of CS, where the person was putting the files into the wrong folder etc. I agree it will be much easier to just re-install it, especially if you've purchased it on CD.

Alright Cool....But this is the second time it's happened....how can I prevent it from happening over and over and over..?

Try posting your PC specifications. Maybe there is a weakness or problem area someone might see.

But you were ingame when it happened? I know from personal experience that it's possible for a server admin to "keyboard hack" a player. I don't know if it's possible to make the game crash anytime it's started but making the game completely unplayable is a definate possibility. I'd try doing what mopar man said to do first

"You could try locating the client.blob file and deleting it and loading steam back up. IDK if this will fix it, but it may."

If you have been keyboard hacked then that willl clear it up.

According to this thread all you need to do is reinstall steam and the problem will be fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back