Problem with crashing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, sorry if I didnt post this in the right section, but I'm new. But I've had a problem with my computer for a month and a half now.

Alright, so at random times my computer will just crash. It usually, almost aways, happens a LOT faster when I'm listening to music or watching a video. It even crashes when I'm listening to something on iTunes. But everything will just stop. I cannot move the mouse, which means I cannot turn it off, I have to turn the power off, which I have always done anyway before this started. I have only received one error message about this (I think) where it says "Windows have recovered from a critical error" but it still does it. A weird thing about this is that after restarting my computer, it will happen in 5 minutes, then I will restart it again, and it will happen in 2 hours, then the next time, it will happen in 30 minutes.

I doubt this has anything to with it, but on my monitor's power cord, the cover to the wire is a little bit ripped open, exposing the wires inside, and the plug parts are a little messed up too, so I cannot FULLY plug in the wire, and sometimes because of this my monitor will shut off, or restart. Just throwing this out there in case it might have something to do with it.

So yeah, I know very little about computers and need help with this. Thanks.

Firstly,GET A NEW PLUG,and wire it securely !
It probably isn`t the cause of the crashes,but must be fixed first.

As for the crashes,upload 4 or 5 minidump files into this thread.
They`re in C:/windows/minidump.

Minidumps are just records of what the computer was doing just before the crash.

If you want to read them yourself,there is a tutorial HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back