Problem with Cryostasis demo

Status
Not open for further replies.

red1776

I downloaded and installed the Cryostasis demo, however when I try to start it up I get this (see attached) anyone else seen this and or solved it?

Attachments

• Cryostasis Demo.JPG
    Cryostasis Demo.JPG
    22.7 KB · Views: 11
You need to install physx red..

A pain in the *** but true.. i had to install it on a nvidia 7600 that dont even support physx..

Or maybe just try the physx loader dll file on its own?

"quote off another site :While your card doesn't utilize PhysX (via CUDA) the game still needs those redistributables to work even though physics will be simpler and handled by the CPU.

Hope this helps.

You need to install physx red..

A pain in the *** but true.. i had to install it on a nvidia 7600 that dont even support physx..

Or maybe just try the physx loader dll file on its own?

"quote off another site :While your card doesn't utilize PhysX (via CUDA) the game still needs those redistributables to work even though physics will be simpler and handled by the CPU.

Hope this helps.

Great! LOL, Thank you Fimbles :), your right...not sure how i missed that :eek:...oh i know! maybe pay attention to what im doing! :haha:

okay, but if i install Nvidias PhysX system software, will it mess with my Catalyst drivers?

No it should I have ran the same demo myself with all the above drivers and software listed. Wanted to see how well my gtx295 would do.

No it should I have ran the same demo myself with all the above drivers and software listed. Wanted to see how well my gtx295 would do.

how did your 295 do with it super? i understand cryostasis really favors Nvidia equipment, and harder on resources than Crysis. the review i read says that multi GPU setups can do well also, so i wanted to try my 3X 4850's with it.

No it should
did you mean 'no it shouldnt'? and that I can install the
Nvidias PhysX system software with my ATI setup?

Sorry, yeah...at least you know what I meant, just got back from a long bar hop with friends. You should have no issues though.

I also put my 8800ultra in my second slot to test it, put the 8800 dedicated for physx and the 295 handled everything else. It ran flawlessly, at a min 65fps.

It ran flawlessly, at a min 65fps.
wow, thats the highest frame rate i have seen .... .(well until i have a go with my rig :D:p. )and i have read a lot of reviews. actually, im not expecting much, from what i have read it doesn't like ATI very much, not sure why they would limit the market like that. thanks for the input :)

Glad you got it sorted out.

Im not a big fan of the game myself though.. Very dreary and slow :)

Hey fimbles,
I did install that DLL file, and it got me to the menu, then it said it needed the Nvidia physics software....wonder what else it needs?! lol
thanks for the help BTW :)

ive never tried the dll file on its own red.. so i think i may have sent you on a wild goose chase sorry :)

Install the full physx package, it should do the trick.

i think this is what you need:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx_9.09.0814.html

Good luck :)

As a side note i think cryostsis started life as a physx tech demo. Which is why it is probably biased towards nvidia.

ive never tried the dll file on its own red.. so i think i may have sent you on a wild goose chase sorry

not at all Fimbles, it did need that DLL to get to the menu :) it was just one of the steps i needed.
and yup, thats the one i downloaded!

Haha, it is Monday morning.

Generally I find other things to do rather then work

This is how I welcomed TS into my life :)

Really? Powerful coffee that must have been, maybe you should have had decaf

I live in New Zealand, we are a day ahead :p

So I can predict the future for the rest of you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back