Problem with display, Tecra S1

By doodlez55555
Jan 27, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi everyone and thanks again with helping my hard drive. Okay now the problem is with the display T.T;; I keep seeing hundreds of vertical lines across my screen flickering with random colors and it's not a software problem because when I start my laptop, the colors are all messed up and the dos mode backgroud at start is all red instead of black. This happened yesterday while playing a game on my computer. I can still use the computer fine but these annoying flickering lines are everywhere. =( Thanks again.

Edit: Okay so I tested out my laptop if it was the LCD problem but it's not. I plugged my laptop to my other desktop monitor and still had the same problem and tried the same thing with the tv and still the same problem. The lines are very thin and the screen looks like it kind of crashed of some sort but the images are somewhat clear.
  2. nismo91

nismo91 TechSpot Maniac Posts: 999   +11

It should be the VGA card defect instead. I suggest you to update your VGA driver (if possible) and reset any settings to default (including in BIOS).

May i know your system specs? I can't just see tecra S1 as there's lot of type in that series :)
  3. doodlez55555

doodlez55555 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 19

I'm pretty much a noob so you'll have to help me out here. How do you update your VGA driver? Thanks again.

Windows: Windows XP5.1 (Build 2600) Service Pack 2
    Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180
    Memory (RAM): 512 MB
    CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1700MHz
    CPU Speed: 1693.3 MHz
    Sound card: SoundMAX Digital Audio
    Display Adapters: MOBILITY RADEON 9000 | MOBILITY RADEON 9000 | NetMeeting driver | RDPDD Chained DD
    Screen Resolution: 1024 X 768 - 16 bit
    :
    Network Adapters: Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection - Packet Scheduler Miniport
    CD / DVD Drives: D: TEAC DW-224E
    :
    COM Ports: COM3 | COM1
    LPT Ports: LPT1
    Mouse: 3 Button Wheel Mouse Present
    Hard Disks: C: 55.9GB
    Hard Disks - Free: C: 49.2GB
    USB Controllers: 4 host controllers.
    Firewire (1394): Not Detected
    :
    Manufacturer: TOSHIBA
    Product Make: TECRA S1
    :
    AC Power Status: OnLine
    Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time
    Battery: High
    Motherboard: TOSHIBA Portable PC
    Modem: TOSHIBA Software Modem

Edit: Okay so I formatted my computer and reinstalled windows xp but no help >.<;; Any suggestions?
  4. doodlez55555

Display problem

I am sorry for posting again about the same topic but the vertical lines that's flickering on my laptop screen is getting to me. I have a Tecra S1 laptop (1.7 processor speed, 60 gb, 518 RAM) and there are these very thin vertical lines flickering with random colors. I tried connecting my laptop to my desktop monitor and the tv and still the same problem so it's not a problem with my lcd. When I start my windows, the lines start showing up and when the screen is suppose to be black it's red on dos-mode. Please help and thank you in advance. The graphic is Mobility Radeon 9000.
  5. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso Newcomer, in training Posts: 25,948   +19

Threads merged.

I know it`s frustrating, but please try and be patient. Techspot has been down for the last two hours or so.

Due to that, there`s not a lot of active members around at the moment.

I`m sure, you will get some more replies. A: when more members are around and B: when someone has something to add that might help you.

Regards Howard :)
  6. doodlez55555

okay >.<;; thank you
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.