Problem with DLP

Three weeks ago I wouldn't have known what you are talking about. Your description needs more detail though if you want us to know exactly what you have done to your DLP projector.
  • Did you replace the DMD Chip?
  • What do you mean by 2 to 3 inches?
Personal note:
  • I've recently been reading up on repairing a DLP projectors. For me it was cheaper to simply buy another projector than to purchase a new or used DMD chip. I did take the old unit apart to find which chip I needed, and then put it back together.

Three weeks ago I wouldn't have known what you are talking about. Your description needs more detail though if you want us to know exactly what you have done to your DLP projector.
  • Did you replace the DMD Chip?
  • What do you mean by 2 to 3 inches?
Personal note:
  • I've recently been reading up on repairing a DLP projectors. For me it was cheaper to simply buy another projector than to purchase a new or used DMD chip. I did take the old unit apart to find which chip I needed, and then put it back together.
Well I started to get white dots on my tv and search it up an said I need to replace the dlp chip so I did. I took my time so I wont damage nothing an put it back together an turn my tv on an now I cant seenothing the picture is 2 to 3 inches long like a bar accross the tv

So it is a TV instead of a projector. Still the same scenario, which works the same way.

Which TV do you have?
Which DMD Chip did you purchase?

You may want to go back in the TV, try re-seating all the connections, and look for a possible disconnect somewhere. If you still have the issue after you put it back together, I'll try and help you pin point the cause. But to help further I will need to know the specifics, so I am looking at what you are looking at.

And please try to include details when you're asking for help. Imaging walking up to a complete stranger on the street and saying what you said in your first post - they'd look at you like you're crazy. The more details you include (as long as it's not a wall of text) the more likely you will be to get help.

Its a Mitsubishi wd 73c8 and this is right to the point I explain what I did an what happen there no oher details than what I said I replace the dlp chip that goes under the dmd board hard to explain an this happen

So you are saying you replaced a DMD Chip without knowing exactly which one you needed. I was referencing the chip needed for my projector and couldn't find out the difference in two DMD Chips. The confusion led me to opening the projector to find out which one I actually had.

The two choices, I was unsure which would work were:
  1. 8060-6318w
  2. 8060-6319w
As it turned out the 8060-6319w was the one in the projector. So without knowing the differences in the two chips, I would never take a chance at getting the 8060-6318w. And until you can tell me which one you bought, so I can at least cross reference the number to your TV, I am going to assume the possibility you might have bought the wrong one.

No I replace the dlp chip because I had white dots on the tv thats the only chip I bought an put it on an now im not getting a picture

$T2eC16d,!yEE9s5jGKu7BP+cPlY!)!~~60_35.JPG

Two things:
  1. Digital Light Processing (DLP
  2. Digital Micromirror Device (DMD
Digital Light Processing uses a Digital Micromirror Device as part of the process to project an image. Lets not call the a DMD Chip a DLP Chip. I realize that generally speaking it can be both, but the proper name is DMD Chip. Which means we are talking about the same part, so lets continue.

Back