Problem with drivers for Radeon9600Pro or problem with the hardware?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got serious problem with my Radeon 9600PRO:

I installed Win XP SP2 on my new PC, Windows detected a new VGA device, it tried to install default drivers but it couldnt find it, (although WinXP CD was in a drive, and internet connection was working)

I installed DirectX9 and then launched the latest Catalyst Setup downloaded from ati.com, and installed drivers. After that, my card was noticeable as HIS Radeon 9600 series properly for Device Manager.
However, it didn't work well - in CCC there is 3d a graphic test - with 3d preview - a car driving on the road - and on my display it wasn't looking good, image was blurred or sth, also the icq icons were blurred (flowers and smiles) - while after uninstalling ATI drivers, when card is seen as a default VGA device (default frequency of monitor, default resolution) icq icons are looking well...

With Catalyst Control Centre installed, after reboting my display goes blank, and the only solution is reboting in safe mode, unistalling ATI drivers, and installing them once again, then it works but until the next rebot in normal mode...

Anyone knows what' the problem is? Rahter software or hardware?
Mayby Radeon 9600Pro cann't work properly with Athlon 64?
Maybe I should change something in BIOS?

My hardware:
HIS Radeon 9600Pro
Epox 8KDA3+ NFORCE3
Athlon 64 3200+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back