Problem with Explorer.exe crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been having a serious problem with Windows Explorer. For some reason it doesn't like thumbnails, when i open a folder with videos etc.. it crashes. I tried fooling with folder options, but it crashes when it tries to generate a preview.
I installed SP2 a few days ago, but I didn't notice this problem until today. The last thing I did was run viruscan last night, and I had a few javascript viruses. But that's it. So I do not know what the problem is. I've tried everything I can think of. I can't browse my folders with video files, without explorer crashing, and I can't change the view settings to list view before it crashes.
I've also tried the Q329692_WXP_SP2_x86_ENU.exe fix, as suggested by someone on another forum, but it did not help.
Can someone please help me?

heres ur problem!

im not even gonna insult you for going to SP2 so just uninstall it and try not to do any "Windows Updates" there fat viruses too! they don't help

A non-constructive reply is better than no reply at all, I suppose.
I haven't had any problems with SP2, other than this, and I don't even know if SP2 is causing this.

But I may uninstall SP2.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

First of all please do not keep posting because you did not get a reply straight away.

Now to your problems.

It may well be due to sp2 but then again it could be due to many other things.

So at this stage a process of elimination is called for.

First go Here and follow the instructions. I would suggest that you print them out.

Once we have eliminated spyware adware etc if this does not help your problems then we will have to look at other possible causes.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back