Problem with finalizing installation for SIMS2, Please help...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need a lil help please....

In the final part of installation of the Sims 2 (disk 4), shortly after I get a message stating that file D3D9.DLL was not located. Sims wont start due to this, what can I do?

Ok, It gets as far as copying files then it gives me this error:

"The software you are tryint to install has not passes Windows logo testing to verify compatibility with Windows XP"

Download from the link I posted and try again. I certainly don't get that error, so maybe it refers to something else, and not directx 9. What options do you get after the error occurs? Are all your other drivers (graphics, soundcard, mainboard, etc.) up to date?

Im not sure about them being up to dat, How would I check?

The only other option I get is in the DirectX dialogue box "finish"
after that Windows message about the logo".

Don't bother checking. Just download and install all the latest drivers for your hardware. Then download and install DirectX 9c, then Sims2. If that doesn't work, then you should visit online support for your game and see if you can find out more about the problem there.

You should post your hardware/software specs here, so that others will find it easier to help you. As it stands we have little to go on. Please post your system specs if you want more help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back