Problem With Fraps For Halo!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey all i got a really big problem here, i have a 2.34 ghz processer running windows XP professional on a pentinum 4 with 512 MB of RAM and 30 GB of free hard drive space, the problem is is that i tried fraps with halo cuz i wanted to record the screen and got the biggest lagg ever! i had to shut halo down and im really confused. what is wrong with my computer?? isnt it fast enough for that kind of stuff?? please reply!

FRAPS sucks system resources down. I attempted to record BF2 with my system and it lagged to the point I could not play. My call is your RAM and or video card (which you didnt mention) can not handle it.

you need a powerful video card (512 mb ram) to handle frap in any games and at least 1 gig of rams plus a 3.5+ ghz cpu at least. Cause i got all those on my system and Frap don't give me any problem :)

here some example... the most resource game out there (Gothic 3) with Fraps
http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=64031

or Oblivion
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Fwm9TPF53Kk

its feel kinda good to build a solid system to play all the games out there, and once you can get Fraps to work without any slow down, you know you did your homework to build the ultimate gaming system :-D
but it won't be possible without techspot PRO recommendation on my PC parts ^_^v cheers

I have a 2.66Ghz CPU and a video card six years old (ATI 9950) and 512M RAM and Fraps runs fine for me in Halo. Unless I have it at full quality at a high resolution then it lags a bit but at 600*800 I can usually get 30FPS.

Oh, and one thing Fraps does that ticks me off is that the first time you record after opening a game it takes a while (20-30 seconds) to start recording but after that it works (almost) flawlessly.

AtK SpAdE said:
FRAPS sucks system resources down. I attempted to record BF2 with my system and it lagged to the point I could not play. My call is your RAM and or video card (which you didnt mention) can not handle it.

hey thanks atk spade and i think i fixed the problem, i needed knew drivers for my graphics card (NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X) and also i was running the AVG virus check at the time i was playing... (how stupid of me)

Envergure said:
Oh, and one thing Fraps does that ticks me off is that the first time you record after opening a game it takes a while (20-30 seconds) to start recording but after that it works (almost) flawlessly.

yeah i noticed that too, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back