Problem with GA-EP45-UD3P and HD 4850

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chriss

Hi

I recently built a PC and upon turning it on I found dashed lines going down the screen. I've tried replacing the monitor, cable with no luck, however when I replace the graphics card it does seem to work. Before I sent off for a replacement for the HD 4850 I was wondering if there was any known fault with that motherboard.
Secondly, even with the other card I put in, the 8800 GTS, installing windows seems to go really slow. The only thing I can think of is the fact that the power supply thats being used on has the 4 pin ATX_12V connector not the 8. However this shouldn't make a difference as it only has an E8400 in it. Also, the 8800GTS has a 6 pin powerc connector, not 8.

The only things I can think of is
1) Power supply being faulty, or not working because its not the 8 pin 12V connector.
2) Graphics card faulty

Any ideas?

Thanks

Does the 8800GT have the latest drivers installed, or is it running off the ATI drivers?

I thought all PCI-E power connectors were 6 pin. or possibly (?)

Lines running through the screen are sort of classic bad video card thingys

You shouldn't need the 8 pin CPU plug the the E8400, it's mostly for the quads. (65 watts C2D vs 120Watts draw for the quad core).

I don't think there are any issues associated with that board, my goodness everybody's got one. (at least the UD3R)

Thanks for the reply.

I also thought that the extra 4 pins wouldn't matter so that confirms that for me. I'm going to try the graphics card in another PC to see if it does the same thing. Also, the lines come up when the PC starts, even in the bios, So I doubt it something to do with the drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back