Problem with gaming on warcraft III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonymous Danny

Hey all. If anyone can solve this problem, i'd really appreciate it. when i run warcraft iii and there a lot of guys on the screen, and i mean like, a lot of guys and they're all doing battle, my game stops, i hear sound bursts, but don't see any changes on the screen until a lot of the guys have been cleared off. I can only think of three things that might be causing this, ram, video card, or processor

These specs I have are as follows:
RAM: 192 system (64 is given to video card), and 512-1024 added on using the page file
Video Card: ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 IGP with 64 mb memory
Processor: 2.8 Ghz Intel Celeron.

Any ideas on what's causing it? Also, if anyone knows, does increasing the page file really do much? It says that it takes memory from the CPU and uses it as RAM but that sounds too good to be true.

A page file is used as Ram when all of the System ram is being used and the PC still needs more to run the game or application, part of your hard disk is used for this,all you do in increasing the size is allowing more of your hard disk to be used as ram, this is not as fast as actual ram so you wouldn't see that much of a speed increase, you could try less detail then you are currently running at, also try defraging your Hard disk and it may be that the pagefile is fragged and needs sorting that may speed things up a bit, but if you really need to speed things up more System ram would be better, WC3 recommends 256mb and having that amount or more would make an improvment, hope this helps you.

With that small amout of ram page file is really not going to do much for you what so ever . Increase your ram for better proformance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back