Problem with GTA3 Vice City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I installed it twice now it installed fine but heres my problem.

1. It takes forever to load (and I have a pretty decent system)
system:
AMD ATHALON 1800
Geforce 4 ti 4600
528 mb ram
80 gig hard drive
2.The game is "choppy" which usually happens when your computer isnt powerful to run it right?, well my friend has it on his p3 and it runs smoothly and fine. On my comp it warps and the music stops and then it will freeze then move again but only during gameplay it seems. The intro video was fine and ran flawless but the last vid before I got out of the car was when the warping started. I do have the drivers for my geforce I have direct x 9 and I have the windows updates.I have made numerous copies of my play disc to see if that was the problem but its not. Any ideas? maybe theres a way to play gta3 without putting the disc in?.

Thanks guys

What nVidia forceware/detonators are you using?

MOHPA is quite a new game and therefore needs reletively new Video drivers to work ok.
go to nVidia's site and download the latest drivers.

Since you have a 4600, make sure you have AntiAliasing and Anistropic filtering turned off. Look for these settings in the Graphics options in the game, otherwise go to the nVidia control panel (via Display Properties->Advanced->GeForce) and disable AA and AS.

Having a high AGP Apature can also cause stuttering.
Go into the BIOS (press F1 when you boot your PC) and change the AGP Apeture to its lowest settings - this is usually 4MB, and defaults to 64MB or 128MB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back