TechSpot

problem with hidden files n folders. pls help!

By ashwa
Jun 17, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hi,

i have windows xp pro with win98 as my dual boot.

i have lately reformatted my pc n i have activated "show hidden files n folders" option in the "folder option" ever since i have installed the OS.

i never hide a file before nor bother to see if the hidden system files are showing or not.

but now when i try to hide a file, i gets hidden but completely out of sight. it does not appear in the transparent way, the way files/folder appear when activated the "show hidden files n folder"

now when i try to check "do not show hidden files n folder" option n click apply the "show hidden files n folder" option gets check automatically...

hope u r getting what i am saying.

in nutshell...my files get completely out of sight when i hide them...and the "do not show hidden files n folder" option is not working either as the "show hidden files n folder option" gets checked automatically...

i have scanned my pc with avg antivirus,ad-aware,spybot,xoftspy,zonealarm antispy,yahoo anti spy, but nothing was found.

what is the problem here? does it has to do something with "registry" values?

the "show hidden file n folder options" remains clicked like forever, n when hide my files they just disappear, not even appear transparent.

pls pls help.

tnx.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.