Problem with hijackthis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, I've been having a problem with my task manager and I looked around the site to check other threads with similar problems and kept seeing the HijackThis program everywhere so I thought I would go ahead and get it and scan to report the log for you to help me out. The problem is that even after installing it, I can't even run the program. I'm pretty familiar with computers, I've done multiple scans (and even formatted once, I have a separate drive with all the valuable stuff so it wasn't a big deal to me) but the hijackthis and task manager problems are still around. Any help that anyone can give me on this would be great. Thanks in advance

When you say you can't run it, I don't understand. Do you click the Start, Programs, HiJack this entry and it doesn't run? Or do you mean you don't understand the interface?

Take a look in C:\program files. There should be a directory/folder called HiJack This. Look in the properties of the application. What version is it? What size? Where did you download it from?

Also try double clicking the .exe while you're there.

http://merijn.org/programs.php#hijackthis

What's the problem with TaskMan?

Try running sfc /scannow at the run box - have your Windows install CD available.is this will check all the critical windows files and replace as necessary.
This should fix the task manager problems, but you should tell us what the problem was in the first place perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back