problem with home network

Status
Not open for further replies.

vortexm

hello,

i hope u can help me with this.
i'm trying to connect vista computer to xp computer via ethernet for home networking. the xp computer is connected to the internet. for some reason the vista doesn't see the network. only wireless networks are being displayed as existing networks and options to choose from.
i understand vista should detect immediately the network to which it connects. is it true? is this a known problem? any thoughts on fixing it?

kind regards,
moshe

Hi

I had such a hell of a time getting VIsta to join my Domain that I gave up and scrapped it.

However you dont say how you are connecting the pc's together, is it through a router, a hub or crossover cable.

If any of these terms confuse you then you had better do a google on home networking and read any of the many sites available.

If the terms dont confuse you (i aint being funny here I dont know how PC savvy you are) then let us know so we can assist you further.

Regards

thanx for replaying...

regarding your question, i'm using a crossover cable.

i solved the problem and it took me some time. if you are interested in the details i can eleborate. just let me know.

regards

It might not be a bad idea to post your fix. That way when others search the forum, they will have a solution.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back