Problem with HP Pavilion dv9408nr Notebook PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently bought this model notebook which came with windows vista. I reformatted with windows XP and I cannot connect to the internet. I have searched on the forums and found a few XP drivers but they don't seem to be doing the trick. Any help would be great,

thanks

SPECS

US Product Number GA356UA#ABA
Microprocessor 1.8 GHz AMD Turion ™ 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology TL-56
Microprocessor Cache 512KB+512KB L2 Cache
Memory 1024MB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)
Memory Max Max supported 2048 MB
Video Graphics NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150 (UMA)
Video Memory Up to 287 MB
Hard Drive 160GB (5400 RPM) SATA
Multimedia Drive LightScribe Super Multi 8X DVD±R/RW with Double Layer Support
Display 17.0" WXGA+ High-Definition BrightView Widescreen (1440 x 900)
Fax/Modem High speed 56k modem
Network Card Integrated 10/100BASE-T Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 connector)
Wireless Connectivity 802.11b/g WLAN
Multimedia Features HP Imprint Finish & Integrated Microphone
Sound Altec Lansing
Keyboard 101-key compatible

Notebook keyboard with scroll bar and integrated numeric keypad

2 Quick Launch Buttons-HP Quick Play Menu and DVD
Pointing Device Touch Pad with On/Off button and dedicated vertical scroll Up/Down pad
PC Card Slots 1 ExpressCard/54 Slot (also supports ExpressCard/34)

External Ports 5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader for Secure Digital cards, MultiMedia cards, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, or xD Picture cards
4 Universal Serial Bus (USB) 2.0
1 Headphone out w/SPDIF Digital Audio
1 microphone-in
1 VGA (15-pin)
1 TV-Out (S-video)
1 RJ-11 (modem)
1 RJ -45 (LAN)
1 Expansion Port 3, 1 IEEE 1394 Firewire (4-pin)
Consumer IR (Remote Receiver)

Dimensions 15.16 (L) x 11.65" (W) x 1.57" (H)
Weight 7.8lbs
Security Kensington® MicroSaver lock slot
Power-on password
Accepts 3rd party security lock devices

Power 90W AC Adapter
8-Cell Lithium-Ion

Check the device manager and see if the network adapers have any yellow marks. If they do, go to HP support and reinstall the XP network driver(s)

I did this too

Hello,
I did this as well and on the HP forums I found somone saying to use a defferent notebook that has the same stuff. So for the wireless driver, look at different notebooks and find the same wireless device (Broadcom Wireless) as you have. Its a different notebook your looking at but the same driver for that certain part in yours. I encountered this same problem.

HP Pavilion dv9408nr Downgrading Vista to XP

Suggestion is for you first go to the HP web site and in there
search for "HP Notebook PCs-Obtaining a recovery CD or DVD set. You will find that there is a recovery DVD available for this model since it was first available
in XP before it was refurbished to Vista. All this is in black and white for you to
read.

I still have the problem

My friend, the Windows XP that you installed was the Professional, or x64?

I can't install the Windows XP Home.

We had a few HP laptops at work that had Vista. We removed it and put XP Pro on them. We did have to search for drivers for a few things. They are out there, keep looking.

It not even starts

kwspony said:
We had a few HP laptops at work that had Vista. We removed it and put XP Pro on them. We did have to search for drivers for a few things. They are out there, keep looking.

But in this one mine, don't even let the installation starts, it only make the copy of the installation files, and then when restart the computer to start the installation process it just says in a black screen "A disk read error occurred" asking to restart againg.

I just ordered the cd-recovery.

Another thing to check is in the bios. The tablets we get from HP all have the SATA Native mode turned on. We have to disable it in order to get an image on them. Check your bios and see if the SATA mode is enabled and disable it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back