Problem with installing printer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone help me? I'm trying to install the Canon Imageclass mpc190 printer on my friends computer. Her computer runs on XP professional. The computer detects new hardware and installs it, but then doesn't continue on. Upon checking in the device manager, it shows up with Code 38 error (stating it is in computer memory). We have unistalled and reinstalled it sevveral times, only to face the same problem. What are we doing wrong? Thanks Burnsbrae

I suggest you do the following.

1 unplug the printer from the computer.

2 uninstall any printer software.

3 Reboot the computer and disable any antivirus software. Without connecting the printer, install the printer software from the disk that came with the printer. Only connect the printer if asked to do so otherwise go to step 4.

4 Reboot again and connect the printer.

It should now work.

Regards Howard :grinthumb

printer and driver wont install

hey,
i have a compaq computer with windows xp pro (service pack 1) and am trying to install an hp photosmart printer p1000. I have got the cd and the latest driver from the internet but it still wont install. I have tried the wizard and rebooting my computer and trying to just use the cd. Nothing will work and my computer says that it recognizes the printer upon startup but when i go to the control panel it is not there. Any help would be appreciated. If you need more information about the printer, my computer, or what i have already tried just ask. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back