Problem with KDS Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, here's the scoop:

This Monitor I'm currently using - the KDS kind - keeps going fuzzy whenever I start up wc3 (both RoC and TFT) and not in the common way. It goes fuzzy, then starts rolling down like some movie slide; this stops whenever I exit wc3.
I tried changing the refresh rate, but it only makes the screen stay fuzzy and messed until I hit the ESCape key. And the light that goes green, to show the Monitor is on, goes between red and yellow whilst wc3 is running.

Thing is, this KDS Monitor didn't have this problem before, and used to work fine with wc3 until what I stated above happened, and thus making it impossible to get a clear idea of what your doing on wc3.

Getting a better Monitor doesn't help; haven't been able to get a better one. Why? My dad doesn't want to spend any more money on a new Monitor until my sister is off to College.

I asked a couple folks on samods.org about this problem, and one of them suggested that the KDS's Video Card may be dying.

Any suggestions on how to solve this problem?

The first thing you need to do, is try a different monitor, or try your monitor on a different computer. This will help you to find out whether it`s a monitor problem, or something else.

Regards Howard :)

Getting a better Monitor is what I've got in mind (and it's also on my dad's mind as well).
And there's about two of those KDS Monitors in this household.

Seeing as you`ve got more than one monitor in the household. Try the other monitor on your system and see if you still have the same problems.

Regards Howard :)

For sure, I can't use my sister's computer Monitor (she wouldn't agree, I think).

I'll talk with my dad about switching KDS Monitors, to see if there's a change (or I'll do that myself, then switch them back if it doesn't work, and tell him what I tried afterwards).

Bingo!! It worked!
Thanks *hugs Howard*

(Note: Sory if I double posted. It's okay in a thread I started, though I don't abuse it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back