Problem with Likom Monitor HD19A

Status
Not open for further replies.
When it's turned on, the light on my monitor blinks but the screen doesn't display anything. Why might this be happening, and how can I fix it? It's two years old and it worked fine until today. I always keep it on, but today I turned it off and when I tried to turn it on again, it didn't work. PC works well with other monitor.I unplugged the vga chord and plugged it again. Also, the light flickers when I turn power on, even if PC is not on, which makes me think that might be a problem with either something in the monitor or, perhaps, the switching adapter.Monitor usually had a fixed green light when working and a fixed amber light when pc was shut off, after displaying a "no signal input" sign

Hello, carissia, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a look at the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible :)

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum :)
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your problem, it could be that the cable from the pc to the monitor is broken or it could be something inside the monitor, like you said. Try google, it might be able to tell you what the flashing light means. For example you could search for "Likom HD19A flashing light" and see what comes up :)

Thank you Daveskater. I already tried goggle (that's how I came across TS) but to no avail. I'm suspecting either the switching adapter or the power unit inside the monitor :confused:

instead of opening up the monitor it might be better to get a new one, or have a professional do it

crt monitors can have up to 11,000 volts in them, and you don't want that going through you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back