TechSpot

Problem with Lite-on LTR-48246S CD-RW

By tlb2k4
Oct 2, 2003
  1. Yeah, I find the firmware, and try to install it, but it tells me that it's only compatible with Lite-on LTR-48246S, and that the drives I have are some other drive and then Lite-on LTR-48246S. God, I spent 2 hours getting the computer back running and online, and this piece of garbage has me on 6-7 hours. Any ideas would help.

2. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,640   +322

Have you tried disconnecting the other drive, so only your Lite-on shows up?
    That may allow you to upgrade it, then you can reconnect the other one.

3. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,305   +52 Staff Member

Why do you need new firmware?

4. tlb2k4

tlb2k4 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Never thought of it, I'll give it a shot.

More or less, I just want a working burner. If my computer says it exists as a CDRom, I really have no use for a second CDRom Drive. If I can find the drivers, firmware, or the solution, then I can get back to burning cd's. What happened was that I had to reinstall Windows ME. Now it has me on the default which is only a CDRom and I don't have anything in my recovery discs to install to get it going. The software is installed and all, I just need to figure out where to switch the file over, or find the driver for it.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.