TechSpot

Problem with media center

By jayno20
Oct 5, 2006
  1. when i go to open media center the screen turns black and then just sits there... nothing loads.. if i bring up the task manager it shows all the files for it running, but its like it never loads... any ideas?

2. tomrca

tomrca TS Rookie Posts: 1,000

go to microsoft website and try upgrading your media player

3. jayno20

jayno20 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 106

i did that just yesterday and i was thinking that MIGHT be what the problem is..

4. jayno20

the wierd thing is it works in safemode, and then when i restart and go back to just regular windows it works the first or second time, and then after that if i click on it i just get a black screen, but i can hear the sounds... i thought "video card drivers" but i updated them and still the same thing.

5. jayno20

OK i do not get this... i thought it was divx so i uninstalled it and im still getting the same thing.. there doesnt seem to be a pattern to it at all, it will work the first couple times and then after that i just get a blank black screen, but i can still hear the sounds of media center.. what else can i try?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.