Problem with motherboard and computer in general

Status
Not open for further replies.

aajvs99

So if my computer was working as it should i would have a Celeron 600mhz Diamond stealth card and my 200GB hard drive. However something has gone wrong. My windows directory was corrupted (i think) and it wouldnt let me get on the internet (kept using a 169.254.255.0 ip address which is not right) so i tried reinstalling windows 2k which worked fine. then i rebooted and when it started up it was trying to run CHkdskmy 125GB partition so i was like alright i will let it go. So it runs and at the end it just freezes. I restarted and it did the same thing. So i tried installing windows again and it did the exact same thing. so now i am running off of a 10GB hard drive which seems to be working just fine. A friend of mine told me to look at the IRQ settings and to make sure they are all fine, So i did and a bunch of things (video card and network card) are set to 9 so i tried to change them but it wont let me. so if you have any suggestions about what the problem is please tell me as soon as possible!

cut the drive into partitions less than 137 GB, if not done so already (you mentioned reformatting several times). you can also attempt a boot into safe mode and see how that goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back