TechSpot

Problem with msn messenger 6.2

By mloo55
Mar 12, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It happens that when i want to chat with a friend i called him and no window appear and suddenly messenger closes by itself and the icon in the lower right side dissapears, I desisntalled and installed again with the same problem.
    What can i do
    tks
    mloo55
  2. Method

Method TS Rookie Posts: 24

3. mloo55

mloo55 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 35

Just I did and the problem is the same but to tell you I dont know it is related i have a problem with a spy put by Mywebsearch(smile) and i could not eliminate but finally I hit. I supposed that it created the problem but all other pages are ok except with messenger. As I mentioned the icon appears in the lower right side and then dissapears. I will try anyway again.
    thanks
    mloo55
  4. olefarte

olefarte TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,427

I have a problem with MSN Messenger also that I've never been able to resolve, no matter what version I use. Whenever I try to send a message, I get disconnected, and have to unplug my router and let it reconnect. Every tiime. I know it's probably some setting, probably on my firewall causing it, but I can't figure out what it is. Even turning the firewall off doesn't help, so I'm not sure really what's causing it.

To make a long story short, I downloaded Trillian and use it to connect to both MSN and Yahoo Messenger and have no problems with MSN now. You might want to give it a try. Click this link if you'd like to try it. Trillian
  5. mloo55

mloo55 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 35

Just I have a problem that when I point on TRILLIAN to open the page the page is not on view so in some case I have to write all the address, one problem more could you help with it. Otherwise give the entire address.
    rgds
    mloo55
  6. Technel

Technel TS Rookie Posts: 28

In addition to what olefarte said, I would also recommend checking out GAIM and Miranda IM. They have a lot less features than Trillian and the original programs, but they are open-source, work well, and get the job done well for me.

Also, even though it is not your specific issue, "Why can't I connect to MSN .NET Messenger Service?" FAQ article may be of some help.

Good luck!
  7. olefarte

olefarte TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,427

Link for Trillian. http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/ I don't understand why you can't get it with the link I provided above, it works for me. Anyway try this link. Also the programs that Technel mentioned are good, if you want to try them instead. Try all of them if you want to and see which one you like best.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.