problem with my cd drives after installing a new HD.. help please!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just had a new HD installed.. i partioned it into 1 piece .. did what i had to do . i reboot the machine and i go to my computer and i see no cd drvies .. and i got 2.. when i go to device manager they appear with a question mark on them like thay arent connected or something .. any ideas???

i know .. im sorry

yeah my bad .. i know .. the thing is this problem is freakin me out..first the hard drive i couldn't fix and now this...
xxx

yo guys i did it after running regedit.exe and deleting the upperfilters and some stuff i done it thanks for all the help guys.. another question now.. for the laptop the bios has a password.. i need that password is there anyway you guys can get them the bios is..PhoenixBIOS NoteBIOS 4.0

Originally posted by dafullram
yo guys i did it after running regedit.exe and deleting the upperfilters and some stuff i done it thanks for all the help guys.. another question now.. for the laptop the bios has a password.. i need that password is there anyway you guys can get them the bios is..PhoenixBIOS NoteBIOS 4.0

Originally posted by Rick:
Laptops, in general, make it nearly impossible to remove BIOS passwords. While desktop PCs can be fixed by a simple "clear CMOS" function, laptops store passwords in a chip seperate from the CMOS. There's often no way to reset it.

I have successfully built a Toshiba password removal dongle which would clear Toshiba passwords, but I'm unware of any such thing for Dells. I might look into the possibility of a password reset dongle if I were you though.

There are also companies who will remove the password for a fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back