Problem with my comp

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalX

I have a pproblem with my computer. When using ATItool, when i press "show 3d view" i hear this clicking noise every 5 seconds or so and it sounds like something is being turned on and off. . . i don't know if this is dangerous but i want to know what it is. The molex splitter that powers my video card (its aux power connecter is a floppy power) is splitting off to the vid and the slot cooler. The slot cooler has a built in Y adapter which is connected to the hard drive. . .

PSU -> splitter ->Vid Card
->Exhaust blower (to cool vid card) -> HDD

thats how it works. . .

Look at my sig to see my specs and my PSU is 450 watts with only 14a on the 12 volt...

Any help is appreciated. . .

did u check and see if it is a fan ? some cards have seperate 2d 3d fan settings . also does this do this on other drivers . and maybe listen and see if it does the clicking on a game as well ..

It's bad practice to put fans and hard drives/other components on the same rails in a system. That noise may just be interference you are hearing over the speakers, or the video card fan spinning up and down. Sometimes when idling the fan on my X800 will go up and down at random. However, it's a good idea to keep your hard drives on one set of connectors, and your fans on another, most especially if they are fans that will shut on/off or slow themselves down while the system is on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back