problem with my computer need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi im new here and somewhat knowledgeble with computers.computer was fine until i reformatted and reinstalled xp professinal on it. computer runs great every thing is fine except. when i open a page either a brwser or just folders when i go to move them they have a scrolling lag .they ripple when i move the pages. or on the web it does not move smoothly. how do i correct this. i have an amad processor. does this have to do with the video card? it was fine before i reformatted get back anyone thanks

Sounds to me like after you installed windows, you haven't yet installed your drivers. Specifically your graphics driver.

Did you reinstall your motherboard's chipset drivers?
How about your graphics card?

By the way, welcome to techspot!

welcome! Yes, it sounds like you do not have the right video card drivers installed. Windows XP, or Windows Update might have installed some generic ones for you, but until you get the real drivers for your card, you will have very slow scroll speeds.

Ive also noticed a slight stutter in scrolling quickly when using anything 60 hertz screen refresh rate or lower on a CRT monitor, although that could just be me :p

I have noticed this problem when my monitors refresh rate was set too low. Try changing the refresh rate of the montor to something higher. It was giving me that problem at 60Hz so I moved it up to 85Hz. The problem was then gone. Just move it to the highest setting you monitor supports.

This sometimes also happens if Windows looses the driver for some or other reason of your graphics card. Then you just have to re-install the driver, otherwise the max frequency will be 60Hz.

It hurt my eyes so much when it did that :dead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back