Problem with my dual display...HELPPP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayurdeepz

Hi All,

I am new to this and need some assistance in sorting out something that has ruined my whole evening. I have bought a new Samsung Syncmaster 931BW that I hooked to my HP dv6000 notebook through the VGA port. At the first instance both worked fine. My friend was here who clicked on something and since then my notebook display is gone. I tried to shut down the system and boot the notebook separately. I heard the windows sound but no display. I panicking now. I see the control (blue) lights but no display. The only display I see is the one in the LCD when I connect it.

I have tried a lot of things that I could possibly think of. Any assistance is absolutely appreciated. I am scared is my notebook alright? The graphics card in the notebook is nVIDIA GEFORCE GO 7400. Help me as I need to complete an assignment today and carry my notebook to college tomorrow morning!

Kind Regards,
Mayur

He probably just turned off the laptop screen. Depending on the laptop there is probably a Fn button on the keyboard, if you hold that down and press one of the function keys (F buttons at the top of the keyboard) that has a picture on it that looks like a screen it should turn your screen back on. You might have to press it twice.

Thanks a ton Derry, but...

I have tried that like a zillion times. What my friend actually did is he went to the display in control panel and tried to do something like 2 different displays going to the settings tab.

I have tried several combinations in that as well. All it does is make the LCD go black and come back again. I have also rebooted my system a thousand times.

Sorry to sound like a pain in %^$#... please help

and one more thing on the desktop when I do a right click and select "nVIDIA Display" it shows me the name of my LCD Syncmaster 931BW. Is that suppose to means something?

Graphics cards have single and dual display modes (the ones I've seen). Bring up your graphics card display adjustments. Make sure it is still set for dual display (1 and 2). This applies to desktops, I hope it may be your fix. Check your Windows display setting also.

No go to the nVIDIA settings then you should you dig in there. there should be something that says in a tab scroll down like.
clone horizontal span vertical span dualview
then click dual view.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back