Problem with nero 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiyeh

hi people ,
got a little problem with nero 6 when trying to burn things to cdr or do cd/cd.
it keeps giving me this message:
"Device is in use by another application"

i have checked and couldn't see what application that i have which is on and using the cd writer.
please can someone help me :confused:

this is all i have at the bottom of task bar:
noads,local network connection,volume,norton antivirus,mrouter for bluetooth,another bluetooth icon.

please help :mad:

Some errors could be if the installation didn't go correctly or if you have other software monitoring the drive or stuff like that. I've gotten that error once when I had my burner open lol..but you should try re-install it, may be a problem with the burner if that don't do it

thanks for the quick reply link2009

it was working ok before and i hadn't used nero or burned anything for a while so i don't know when or what caused this.

anyway i was thinking of uninstall/reinstall and hope that it will cure the problem.

i just don't know what other program would be using the drive.
nero?
window media player?
real player?

still no joy after uninstall/reinstall.

still getting same message.

does anyone have any ideas?

Sometimes when you put in a new disc, windows will pop up the box asking you what you want to do with the blank CD. If XP is trying to use the drag and drop window to burn that can cause this. Also if you have Media Player open it can be in use. Try closing that, and any other authoring software you have on your computer and just use Nero.

Right click on cd recorder within control panel, select properties-then recording-then untick the use this device for recording to disable the recording feature as metioned by realblackstuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back