Problem with new speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Toddy

I recently bought the Logitech Z-680 speakers, and I'm having a bit of a problem. My sound card is a Soundblaster Audigy 2. The problem that I am having, is that when I run the creative speaker setting program, it goes through the front left & right speakers, but nothing else. When I use the remote control for testing, it goes through all of them. So is this a software problem or a hardware problem? I'm pretty sure I have them plugged in right.

There is a very good guide for Audigy 2 right here at TechSpot. Check it out, it might give you some help. Also, which way did you hook up the speakers, with the single digital wire, or analog?

I hooked them up as analog, because I didn't have a single wire digital hook-up. I have read the audigy 2 guide, and, unfortunately, it didn't really help.

You don't have any specs in your profile. I assume you have a DVD player, if so what happens when you play it. Do you have sound in all speakers then?

Here's my hardware specs: Windows XP Prof. Corp. Ed, Sound Blaster Audigy 2, Logitech Z-680 5.1 speakers, Soyo K7V Dragon Plus Motherboard. Anything else, just ask :). No, when I go to play DVD's with PowerDVD XP 4.0, there is no option for 5.1 surround, and when I select 6 channel sound, the center speaker does not work (but the surrounds do). When I select 4 channel sound, everything works but the center speaker does not do what it's supposed to do - it is just part of the surrounds.

Are you positive you have the wires hooked up right? Sorry I haven't been much help, maybe someone else will have some ideas.

Yes, I am 100% positive that my speakers are hookedup correctly. The speakers are all correctly connected to the sub, because when I use the remote to test them they all work (but not when I use the speaker settings program). And I'm positive that I have the analog connections hooked up correctly.

Can somebody point me to some other hardware forums that I can try and get help from? I'm really getting frustrated here! It seems that EVERY single time I get some new kind of hardware for my PC, nobody knows how to help me fix it. I have EVERYTHING plugged in the way it should be! There's no reason for there to be problems with it, but there is!!!

Hey

Hey please let me know cuz I'm having a very similar problem.

Audigy 2 with logitech 4.1 speakers with no or very, very low output from the rear speakers. I've got 4/4.1 selected and the wires connected properly. It's analog, btw. Any suggestions?

I am having problem with new OEM audigy 2 also. My computer seem to hang for 2-3 sec while my speakers emit this beeeeeping sound...really really annoying...and oh yea, i am wondering how much you paid for your z-680's? I just got a set of Monsoon MH-505 but tempted to upgrade again for the z-680...lowest price I found is around $270...so if paid less, let me know where u got it..thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back