Problem with new version of Firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.

davbell22602

I have no problem with IE7. I cant get firefox to work. Web pages wont load. The settings between IE7 and firefox are the same at no proxy. I have a wireless connection without using a direct service provider. Tried uninstalling firefox and reinstalling it no luck. I notice problems with other software like housecall too. The messege I get with housecall is it says I not connected to the internet when I am. I'm using windows security xp for protection right now. What am I forgetting?

Error: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80040111 (NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE) [nsIChannel.contentType]" nsresult: "0x80040111 (NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE)" location: "JS frame :: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Mozilla%20Firefox/components/FeedProcessor.js :: FP_onStartRequest :: line 1440" data: no]
Source File: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Mozilla%20Firefox/components/FeedProcessor.js
Line: 1440

Remove it Firefox and reboot the system then run CCleaner on the junk files and registry. Reboot again then install Firefox 3.5.6. Don't install any add-ons until you see it working. Sounds like an add-on didn't install correctly. One more thing about the add-ons, do one at a time, don't bunch a lot of them to add-on.

doesnt work either cause I haven't even gotten to the point to do add ons yet. Doesnt work at all after installing browser not the add ons.

Prior to this problem did you ever get Firefox prior versions to work on your system. Or is this the first time you're dealing the browser? You might have to go into the hidden folder Application Data files and make sure all reference to Mozilla Firefox is removed off the system. This means to uninstall the browser and the go into hidden folder but turning on view hidden folders. One more way is to go into safe mode under admin logon name other than what you use. Then backup your desktop icons, links or anything you need to keep for browsing. Then you need to delete your profile on the system this will bring the system back to the state you had when you first build your profile. Note some applications might have to be re-installed as they might now show up in all programs menu. They will be still on the HDD but the links pointer will be gone or not. So you have two choices clean the system from all reference to Mozilla Firefox or delete your profile under safe mode, this would get rebuild by OS next time you login.

Firefox has it own method for deleting the profile for it but you have another issue where that won't help. You can always redo the entire system OS, but that takes time unless you have a system backup clone image that was working prior to this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back