Problem with page fault BSOD

CrimsonCPU

Hi there im fairly new and saw these forums while browsing the web.

So the story started when I tried installing spiderman web of shadows, after installing it I tried playing it but it didnt start (so I clicked almost 30 times on the .exe) which opened the game 30 times and caused the "PAGE_FAULT IN NON-PAGED AREA" BSOD for the first time. Then I thought it was the game (because it happened exactly when I started spiderman) and uninstalled it. Unfortunately it didnt stop the BSOD and it got worse (I cant even login or use safe mode, though safe mode works occasionally). Ive tried almost everything such as memtest86, system restore, moving the RAM into a different socket, avg pc tune up, anti-virus etc etc etc.

So I came here BEGGING for help please, I have no clue what to do anymore. (mini dumps have been attached)

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    303.2 KB · Views: 4
All 12 minidumps are the same:
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Ntoskrnl.exe
Since you can't log-in, you can't run CHKDSK, but if you can get on another computer and download the hard drive's testing software and create a bootable flash drive or CD(DVD) and run that software at boot up. Is the hard drive a SSD?

Well I could download it with my phone and sorry if I seem stupid but I have no idea what a SSD is. Though the hard drive is connected through a SATA cable if that helped.

SSD= Solid State Drive. So your hard drive is a standard SATA drive. You will have to download the drive test software so that you can get it on a bootable device that your computer recognizes

I seem to be narrowing down the problem. I formatted the pc and the BSOD dissapeared until I installed microsoft Visual C ++ 2010-2008 redistributable x86. Maybe its because I'm installing x86 on a x64 computer?

It may well be, Your problem . But I have it installed on both my 64 bit win 7 computers with no problems. Win 64 use some 32 bit properties. So keep a eye on your computer. Your mini dumps point to hardware. Hard drive or possibly memory. Hopefully this was your problem. Goodluck!

Back