Problem with programs accessing the net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eslavs

I don't know why this is happening, but maybe someone can help. I have a HP dv8000 laptop running wireless through a linksys router. Most programs that need to connect (AVG, Spybot, iTunes, etc.) keep telling me that my network is not available. I don't have this trouble with the same programs on my desktop. Another example is that most games (except CounterStrike, for whatever reason) won't connect in multiplayer mode. Any ideas??

Thanks in advance-

Eric

Make sure you don't use third party software for wireless connection. Use XP Wireless connection is faster.

Those a drops you're getting with the wireless connection either it coming from the router or something is making it happen. Micowave 2.4Ghz wireless phone things like that...

I really don't know what you're trying to say there. I've looked around in the settings but don't see anything that may help.

What do you have? Laptop or Desktop (make and model)
Did the system come with the Wireless NIC or did you buy one yourself.

I have a HP dv8000 laptop with an intelPRO abg wireless card. My router is a linksys wireless B router.

I think it's a problem with my IP address on the laptop. I ran a diagnostic last night - my dns settings are correct, but the test failed when pinging my ip address.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back