TechSpot

Problem with reinstalling windows with a K8V-SE mother board

By m26
Dec 16, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hi im having a problem with my asus k8v-se mother board. i bought a new HD and it detects all the way up to when the mother board is detecting everything in the bios but then when i have the windows xp disk inserted and it says "click here to install windows xp" or whatever it says "cannot detect any hard disk drives, cannot go any further". i dont know why it keeps doing this.

i called up asus and they told me that it can be that my mother board needs to have certain drivers on it because its sata and i need to set it as my primary sata. can someone please help me!?
  2. iss

iss TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,896

I am assuming your new hard drive is a SATA drive. what Asus is referring to is the sata drivers which shoud have come with your motherboard. usually they are on a floppy disk. if you dont have them you should be able to download them from Asus.
  3. m26

m26 TS Rookie Topic Starter

i have a software cd but no floppy disk. i tried to copy the driver files from the cd into a floppy but that didnt work. it keeps telling me to inser the software disk or whatever and then press A.
  4. m26

m26 TS Rookie Topic Starter

please disregard my last post, i got the floppy thing to work with the drivers on it but now when i try doing that i get some error that says : " file\i386\nt5\viamraid.sys caused an unexpected error (4112) at line 2113 in d:\xpsprtm\base\boot\setup\oedisk.c. "
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.