Problem with services.msc

Status
Not open for further replies.

xanimefanx

If i open Start-Run- type in services.msc and go down i see WebClient is stuck on the word Stopping if i right click on it my only options that work and are not grayed out consist of Refresh, Properties and Help. I clicked properties and cannot use Start, Stop, Pause or Resume. I don't know how to fix this and its getting on my nerves. Also a small problem while playing World of Warcraft: TBC. Sometimes in the game the computer beeps and the screen flashes a bit on the sides. I have a funny feeling it might be the dust but can anyone help me with these two problems?

If anyone needs extra info my Powersupply is 450watts and graphic card sapphire radeon x1650

The subject can be approached differently. Since you didn't tell us your operating system, this is for Windows XP:

The Web Client Service enables Windows-based programs to create, access, and modify Internet-based files. If this service is stopped, these functions will not be available. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start.

This Service shows a dependency o the WebDav Client Redirector. I don't have this service on my machine. IF you need the Web Client to run, look for the WebDav and set it to Manual also.

You gave no indication of WHY you are concerned about this Service. Mine is set to Manual with no problem.

Control Panel> Administrative Tools> Services> right click on Web Client> Set Start mode to Manual.

NOTE: Please close any open programs before changing this setting.

I don't have enough information to answer the reference to "beeps and flashes."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back