Problem with Sound Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi.

I have a problem with my sound card.....i have an Asus A8v-vm mother board and a creative Audigy 2 value sound card....and a ge force 7600gt xfx graphics card...

For some apparent reason when i try and play music or any audio files...all i can hear from my creative speakers 5.1 system is a crackling noise.i've tried everything possible...ive even dis-abled the on board sound card but nothin seems to work....for a while everything was fine but when i started playing nfs most wanted the audio just cut off and all i could hear was a cracklin noise that goes along with the music....

Can anyone help me?

Roshan

hi and welcome to techspot

cracklin sound sometimes happen if you do not have proper driver, or either you have wrong setup. Have you see all the wires in your Mobo? or the speaker fully functional? If yes, maybe you need to check the PCM bit quality. Some example, if you only support 24bit and you choose 32 bit, the sound will crack...

Also, SPDIF configuration... How about doing a specific checking. Maybe accidentally you did some changes that cause this.

Hi,

Thanks nismo for ur warm welcome.

Well i'm a newbie at this stuff so am not sure of what i've done.

I know that my sound card and agp card are both installed properly and the drivers are up to date...

as to the pcm and spdif thing...i'm totally lost. if you could give me a bit more detail on how to test those two i'd be able to let u know the results.

As far as checkin the wires on the mobo....everything works fine when i reboot...but then all of a sudden the audio turns into crackling..
as in you can hear the song being played but its very faint and the crackling varies acc to the song....as in it follows the pitch the song takes.

Roshan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back