TechSpot

Problem with Speedtouch 330 Usb Modem on Win98

By Pazuzu
Feb 28, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have two PCs running Windows 98 (build 4.10.1998). On one I simply inserted the Speedtouch starter CD & after installation plugged in modem to the usb port & got connected to Tiscali.
    On the problem PC I can install the software but have never got further than using Dr Speedtouch - which indicates an error with Speedtouch.

I have had two steady green lights on the Speedtouch 330.

Any suggestions? After four hours on the support line to my ISP I know I could upgrade to Windows XP or take it to a computer repair shop.
    I could also go down the garden & burn money....

2. computertje

computertje TS Rookie

It can be the problem with your provider, in Holland Tiscali refreshes the mac adress after 24 hours.!!!!! So you can't switch from one pc to another. :hotbounce

3. Pazuzu

Pazuzu TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 215

I will look into this. I did spend four hours on their support line and they did not say there was a problem with this.
    It does make sense though & would explain why I could use the dial up as it has a different address.
    Many thanks Computerje. I may get a USB hub & a network card.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.