Problem with star wars knights of the old republic 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

usetheforce7

when i actually start playing the game the screen go`s black and gives me one of those microsoft error messages.

my pc specs are:
pentium 4 3.06gh
512mb
60gb harddrive
64mb ati radeon igp 345m

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Could you please be a little more specific. I.E what is the exact error message that you are getting?

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Take a look in the event viewer applications and look for any red crosses or yellow warning triangles.

Right click on the event that you wish to look at and select properties and see what it says.

Have you tried uninstalling then reinstalling the game?

Regards Howard :cool: :cool:

yes i have but it always happens, i thought it could be a graphic card driver but i cant find a driver for a ati radeon 9000 igp

First click on your version of Windows then in the next box click on graphic driver then in the last box click on Radeon family then click go

The driver you will be directed to will be the correct one for your Radeon card.

Regards Howard ;)

I also have a simliar problem when I start a new game it plays the introduction gets to the part where the Ebdon Hawk flew damaged through the asteroid field then it just doesn't display a picture! The music keeps playing but nothing else happens.

Technical Specs:
Athlon XP 3200+
ATI Radeon 9600 (256 MB)
512 MB Memory
120 Gb Hard disk

I did update the graphics card's driver recently using the device manager in Windows and I have Direct X 9.0c.

Hello Hotdog and welcome to Techspot.

usetheforce7 this is for you also.

Go HERE and check out the trouble shooting guides they may help.

This is the official site for the game.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

i added new drivers for my graphics card but still i get the black screen and the music plays for a while then the message comes

I have a problem with kotor2 using Anisotropic filtering in that the game crashes with it turned on, i dont have this problem with any other game just this one, i have tried both latest and older drivers with no luck also i have tried turning off fast write and V Sync also with no luck, kotor1 doesn't have this problem,

specs are

Dell dimension 4550 P4 2.66ghz
768mb ddr 333mhz
Radeon 9600 256mb

Anyone have the same problem or can help, or do i have to wait for a patch to be delevoped even tho the specs for the game says my card is fully supported although it doesn't seem that way to me.

Game not rig?

Darth I have the same problem as you. I really think it is a problem with the game. I dont think it is my rig but here it is

P4 @ 3.1GHz
1 GB RAM
X700 ATI
Got all of the newest drivers and jazz. I dont think it is your system b/c you said you could play KOTOR 1 and KOTOR 2 has the same graphics engine (i am 90%sure)

Sean

hi

im a bit depressed because of this probelm...
i think its the catalist which isnt working with the game... (but i love my ati...)

Yeah i believe it is an ATI Catalyst problem, the first KOTOR had the same problem, and was fixed once an Update patch for KOTOR was released, it looks like the same for this one, Ive been to the lucas arts site and the forum is full of ppl with the same problems, i guess we'll just have to wait for the patch.

you wont believe this... :confused: i tried the game with my old gef4 mx 440 and it crashed... its not because the catalyst driver, oh im so tired...
I want to play the game without saving in every corner!!!!!
We should write an email to the boyz at lucas arts... :haha:

sorry to bother you, but i think i know what the problem is... maybe the game isnt compatible with te service pack 2 for win xp, my friend has only the sp 1 installed and the game runs smoothly on his machine... oh, why cant i play with the best game ever made????

thx, but i already red this through... there is nothing about error messages (you know the one, that wants to send the failure as a message to the "oh, so loved" microsoft company)

New here so hi guys and gals

Alot of people are having this problem, and all with ATI cards. Lucas are aware of it and it does mention in the lucas support forum that a patch is done it just needs to be tested before it is released. It is annoying that most games that are released seem to have problems with PC's and laptops that use ATI. I have used all sorts of software to try and get it to work, Omega, older Catalyst drivers, 3Danalyze but with no result. All I can say is your not alone and don't give up hope just yet, I am just hoping that the patch fixes alot of the issues.

Oh if you live in Europe don't even think of sending Lucas a support request they will reply with an email address for Activision.

Perhaps this may help some people, only hearing about the problem, but never hearing from people for whom the problem went away can only be depressing...

I had the same problem: game started fine, but after the intro movie where the Ebon Hawk flies into an asteroid field, just a black screen and some music.

I have a X600, so I went and downloaded the latest graphics drivers from ATI and the problem was solved.

Running Win XP SP2, fairly high end system.

KOTOR2 has problems in general with ATI vid cards. I use geforce personally so I never experienced it... The only thing you can do is go play another game and wait until the release a patch when ever that may be.

Done some reading on lucasarts official forums for the game and have never seen so many disgruntled gamers in one place before. Going off from what is getting said in there alot of people not just us poor ATI users are having problems with the game, rumor has it that the patch is due to be released before the end of next week provided no more problems crop up. I will post here if I can fish more information out of them

thank u, u are my man
these are the best news, i've got this week, oh thank u once more!
I can play with kotor, i can play with kotoooor... :D
just dont forget to post the release of the patch ;)

LOL it is no problem at all, share the wealth and share the knowledge. The common problem seems to be people who seem to get blank screens often or parts of a level are missing, not even got past the medical room at the very start is upsetting as some people I know have already completed it. But leave it with me and I shall post when the patch is out and if it is ok post a link to it save people trying to pin it down. But there is a patch out already but it is for everyone except American owners but it is only for a language problem and not a fix for graphics so don't think that thats the fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back