Problem with start up >.<;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Condor

My pc won't boot when i hit on the start button. It would only boot correctly was that when i press the reset button.

Anyone expert here know why? >"<

Yessir. It sounds to me like the power and reset switch on your case have been connected to the wrong headers - Most likely, reversed. Tell me, when your computer is on, does pushing the power button reset it? If so, this is exactly the case.

It is fairly easy to fix. I see in the other post you have been moving components so I assume you are not afraid to root around inside your case.

If you follow the wires from the switches on your case to your motherboard you will see they are all plugged into a set of pins. Typically, on the end of the connector it will say what switch it is connected to. The power button is usually labeled "PWR_ON" "POWER" "PWR" or something similair. Reset is usually called "RESET or "RST"

Try reversing those 2, or better yet, consult the motherboard itself or your motherboard manual for the pinout of your Front Panel Header. This will tell you exactly where the switches need to be plugged into.

Good luck!

Thz for the quick reply Soul Harvester. much luv

hmm, reset problem only happen randomly, not alway 100% ;D
If i tries hold down the button longer then release it! it boot up pretty smooth but sometime it won't boot at all. =o
my lil mysterious grumpy jack in da box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back