Problem with The Sims2 and DirectX 9.0c

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same problem as a lot of other people.

I am using a Macbook with Windows installed on it through VMware Fusion.

I have played sims before on this computer so I don't understand why it isn't working.
It has only been since I had to install 9.0c that it stopped working, so I think my graphics card may not be compatible with this version or something.

If anyone knows any ideas of how I can play my sims, I'd really appreciate it!

I'm not very computer savvy so I may not know how to answer some of your questions, but I will do my best.

I have an Intel GMA 950 graphics card
So I do not think my card is supported.

I went to EA's support site and when I tried to make sure all 3 features were enabled, the second and third features were labeled as 'Not Available' and I could not make them enabled.

I am really desperate to play my sims, I have been waiting ages,
I'd love any advice.

Since my sims were working fine before, is there any way to play on older directx versions, this 9.0c one seems to be causing excessive amounts of problems.

It seems likely that the this Sims 2 has higher system requirements than a previous Sims game you played before. In any case if you check the game's requirements, you will see that your integrated graphics card is not supported. It has nothing to do with DirectX versions. It's just your low tech "card" that can't handle the game. You can't make the card enable the features you mentioned because they aren't supported by the card. It's sort of like trying to get color out of a black and white TV.

You probably got a message that said it couldn't find a DirectX 9.0 compatible graphics accelerator or something to that effect. It doesn't say it couldn't find DirectX but it says it couldn't find the supported graphics card (because there isn't one).

The bottom line is you need to install a graphics card powerful enough to run the game.

Fusion's DX9.0 support is experimental at best and not very compatible. It should also be said that Sims2 is very buggy and not very tolerant of even native DX9.0 machines + videocards.

I also do not believe your integrated video chip has all the shader and hardware T&L needed to run Sims. Even if you ran native Windows, I doubt that videocard would support Sims2.

You will likely want to explore the original Sims as this should work on your setup.. and hope for patches to Sims2 as well as VMWare to get 9.0c support working better. There is also a "Lite" version of SIms called Sims Stories. This version trims down Sims2 specifically to be more Laptop friendly. You might want to try this out.

I had to same problem

My system received the following message:

"Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system! Please make sure you have a DirectX 9.0c compatible adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now terminate."

My system has dual EVGA 7800 GTX video cards with 512MB each running in SLI mode. I think that is well beyond any DirectX 9.0c specification, especially since Sims 2 runs on the host system. My processor is not state of the art but it is still an AMD FX 62 (Dual processor AMD64) on an ASUS A8N32-SLI motherboard. I have 1.5GB physical memory, one DVD-RW, and two WD raptor 160GB disk dedicated to that VM. I hope that is enough guts to run the program. I am pretty sure I can handle whatever DirectX is specifying.

The problem is not my physical hardware. When I look at the hardware specified for the display adapter on the device manager, it only lists one video adapter. VMware SVGA II. I have tried installing the device drivers but they are rejected as VMware is not detecting the physical hardware.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

I have sims 2 and i also want to play but i have the same problem with Directx 9.0c

my chip is Intel(R) GMA 950

what do i need to do???

i really want to play PLEASE HELP ME

this is my system information

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 8/11/2008, 13:55:48
Machine name: VINCE
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_qfe.070227-2300)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Sony Corporation
System Model: VGN-FE660G
BIOS: Phoenix NoteBIOS 4.0 Release 6.1
Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2300 @ 1.66GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 1014MB RAM
Page File: 596MB used, 1844MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

PLEASE HELP ME.....I WANT TO PLAY SO BAD

This is my display settings
---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset Family
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip type: Intel(R) GMA 950
DAC type: Internal
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27A2&SUBSYS_81EF104D&REV_03
Display Memory: n/a
Current Mode: 1280 x 800 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200
Driver Name: igxprd32.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0010.4926 (English)
DDI Version: unknown
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 2/15/2008 13:12:06, 57344 bytes

PLEASE TECHSPOT HELP ME...I AM IN NEED FAST!!!!!

this is my system information

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 8/11/2008, 13:55:48
Machine name: VINCE
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_qfe.070227-2300)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Sony Corporation
System Model: VGN-FE660G
BIOS: Phoenix NoteBIOS 4.0 Release 6.1
Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2300 @ 1.66GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 1014MB RAM
Page File: 596MB used, 1844MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

PLEASE HELP ME.....I WANT TO PLAY SO BAD

This is my display settings
---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset Family
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip type: Intel(R) GMA 950
DAC type: Internal
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27A2&SUBSYS_81EF104D&REV_03
Display Memory: n/a
Current Mode: 1280 x 800 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200
Driver Name: igxprd32.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0010.4926 (English)
DDI Version: unknown
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 2/15/2008 13:12:06, 57344 bytes

PLEASE TECHSPOT HELP ME...I AM IN NEED FAST!!!!!

There is nothing that can be done the game does not support the graphics chipset that your laptop uses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back