TechSpot

Problem with the slow speed of PC and trojans

By Al Nauman
Sep 21, 2008
  1. Hi!

How can i boost up my system performance. I am currently using windows XP 2002 SP3. My system is core2Duo 2.2 with 1G DDR2 Ram. I have also problems with trojan so i deleted my windows and reinstalled it and installed symantec 10 which detects on daily basis different trojans. I am very confused about the antiviruses that which one i use and also about how to avoid threats when downloading some softwares and utilities.

Kindly guide me and also tell me that where i can find a good tutorial on operating system mangement like complete overviw of win XP with all of its aspects.

And can i change the user name of my TS account?

Regards,
    ALi Nauman.

2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

Uninstall Norton for a start

Try Free Antivirus like Avast or Avira

And you cannot change your TS name (which you just made :confused: )

3. Al Nauman

Al Nauman TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks for help ...

Hi .. Thanks for advice but i tried Avast and Avira, didnt help much so i switched to Symantec and now thinking about NOD32 (What you suggest about its ranking and performance?) ... Actually I have also asked for the PC boosting utilities and some good tutorials on Win XP management and services and some intro about its files.

One more thing. I found System Volume Information folder in my drives. What is it? Is it a threat of somekind or just a normal folder?

Regards,
    Ali Nauman.

4. kimsland

5. Al Nauman

Al Nauman TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks again ... appreciate for your time :)

6. kimsland

Nothing can make your computer faster, other than a faster CPU or possibly more Ram.

Software (like Internet Securities and Printer software, and Photo editing software so forth...) can slow your computer down.

Consider removing all but essential Startups from your computer, and removing built up Temporary files often.
    Confirm that your AntiVirus and possibly even a good updated Malware scan, is done regularly

Edit:

Doh! We are in the Introduce yourself forum !!!
    Sometimes I miss that.
    Introduce yourself forum is not intended for technical support

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.